COSP!AY LEAGUE ASIA MALAYSIA (PENANG) PRELIMINARY ROUND: COSPLAY COMPETITION
Event: Penang Mini Maker Faire 2016
Date: 16 October 2016
Time: 2:30 P.M.
Venue: Bangunan UAB ( PENANG)
Winner: Cash prize RM 400 + Will be sent to final round in GamePlan 2016.
First Runner-up: Cash prize RM 300
Second Runner-up: Cash prize RM 200
PENANG PRELIMINARY ROUND RULES & REGULATIONS*
1. Winners from the preliminary rounds will be brought forth to CosP!ay League Asia Malaysia (GamePlan 2016). Hence, winner MUST be able to attend the competition’s final round on 22nd- 23rd October 2016 at Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TARUC).
2. The team must consist of exactly 2 cosplayers.
3. Participants must be Malaysian.
4. Participants below the age of 18 must receive guardian consent in order to participate.
5. Characters chosen for the cosplay competition must be originated from Japan.
6. Series may vary from Japanese Anime, Manga, Games and Tokusatsu (e.g. Fairy Tail, Kingdom Hearts, Kamen Rider).
7. Western series are prohibited (e.g. Deadpool, Superman, Ben10).
8. Game characters from Korea are prohibited ( e.g. Ragnarok).
9. Costumes and props can be handmade or purchased from stores.
10. Participants are to prepare a short skit for the competition that is no longer than 3 minutes, exceeding the given time will result in deduction of marks.
11. Participants are given 30 seconds to set-up, stage crew will be available to assist during the set-up.
12. Helpers are prohibited during performance and during stage set-up.
13. Each team is limited to a maximum of 3 stage props. Weight limit of the costumes and props MUST be within the 40 Kilograms range for both participants.
14. Nudity is not permitted.
15. No profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
16. No political or religious statement on stage. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
17. Liquids, confetti, flammable and sharp objects are prohibited, usage of such objects will result in deduction of marks or disqualification.
18. There will be a short Q&A session (30 seconds) for all teams after their performances.
19. Participants are required to submit the following files into Dropbox OR email to [email protected] before Dateline :08 October 2016 , 12:00 A.M. :
i) Image of characters (costume that will be worn during the competition)
ii) Information of backdrop (Size: Length x Height x Width)
iii) Sound files (MP3 format)
20. Participants are advised to prepare their own audio performance, usage of the voices from the original works such as Anime or Drama CD will result in deduction of marks.
21. Participants are prohibited from copying the original drawings, logos, graphic art to the props (e.g. Final Fantasy logo on the backdrop).
22. Judges decision are final.
**NOTE: Winners for the preliminary round will only receive the prize of the Preliminary Round, and is given a qualification ticket into the final rounds held on 23rd October 2016. ***
GENERAL FLOW OF CLAM: PENANG PRELIMINARY
1. Online registration, submission of documents and audio files
2. On-site confirmation of attendance and sound check
3. Introduction of guests and judges on stage
4. Participants skit performance (3 minutes)
5. Short Q&A (30 seconds)
6. Comments from judges
7. Announce winners
8. Group photo on stage